Although located inland, the resort has a very nice satellite facility at its beach, with a restaurant, kid’s club and luxury beach loungers. A free buggy ride or bike is necessary, unless in a beachfront property. Biking through the beautiful, private grounds is a pure delight also.
The intimate Banyan Tree Spa is a sanctuary for the senses and the very essence of Asian wellness philosophy. The Rainforest hydrotherapy experience is stunning.
El Camaleón Golf Course is a spectacular Greg Norman designed course and home to the only PGA Tour event in Latin America – the OHL Classic at Mayakoba. Kayaking, tennis, racketball, ecological mangrove boat tours, bird watching, snorkeling and yoga is also available.
Restaurants and dining experiences include Saffron, the signature Thai restaurant; Cello for Northern Italian cuisine; Sands – unsurprisingly located on the beach serves seafood; and Haab, a deep-in-the-jungle mystical experience featuring the four sacred elements of water, earth, wind and fire.
- 122 private villas, mostly by the lagoon
- 45 minutes from Cancun Airport
- Close to Playa Del Carmen town and many Mayan sites
- Exotic mangroves and birds everywhere
- Beside biosphere reserve and coral reef
- Private Beach
- 6 restaurants and bars including new beach club
- Championship golf course
- Stunning spa and ‘Rainforest’ hydrotherapy